Thursday, May 27, 2010

Microsoft Surface Computing and Smart Tables

OK, so I really need one of these for my classroom one day, when the price goes way down and I can actually afford one. But it would be amazing to have my students use this in small groups for all kinds of projects and activities, even just center work. This world has gotten so technology-centered and kids respond to it and pick it up so quickly. I have watched so many related videos on all this and how it can be used in the classroom. I know I can't have one now but I am slightly obsessed with finding out more about them. I had never heard of the SMART table and accidentally happened upon it on YouTube while looking at other technologies for the classroom. Check it out:




Here is a video on the SMART Table (much like the SMART board), specifically for primary education, that shows a few of the features. Right now the technology is around $8000, and I have read that there are still some kinks that need to be fixed with the product, but overall I am convinced that I want one sometime down the road to supplement my teaching and give my students more accessibility to technology they will encounter and likely use in the "real world", aka their future careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment